Allsorted has the books you need in stock, so could you save time & trouble, and sell even more books, if you choose to consolidate more of your buying with us?
In 2019 Allsorted supplied books to 28 different cathedrals, abbeys and churches and have over time developed a deeper understanding of what sells in cathedrals, abbeys, churches than many other book suppliers, because this is one of our key areas of focus. So, we are well positioned to help craft a right sized selection of titles that have been tried & tested, helping our customers to maximise their sales.
In 2020 we have revised how we manage and control our stock holding for cathedrals. Our intention is to hold a ‘buffer’ stock of at least 50 copies of every core title in the range, so that we are much less likely to run out of stock at key periods and likely to have a much better fill-rate than book wholesalers that compete with us.
Our intention is to build on our product strengths for cathedrals, which we see as:
- A core of about 30 books on cathedral architecture, church history.
- A core of about 30 ‘inspirational’ Christian titles and including children’s titles. (We stock a few gift edition bibles too.)
- A core of about 30 titles on medieval history, again including some children’s titles
- A loose list of about 75 titles that are generally recommended for all our visitor attractions, castles, historic houses, as well as cathedrals. These secular gift books simply seem to sell quite well or very well everywhere we put them. At any point in time likely themes will include ‘afternoon tea’, ‘friendship’, ‘kings & queens’, ‘brain teasers’, etc. (We typically range around 3,000 general gift books and children’s books, so this selection is the-best-of-the best.)
Buyers at cathedrals & abbeys do come to us when:
- they want to save time buying – you too can consolidate some or all of your buying with Allsorted rather than placing orders with multiple publishers. (Allsorted regularly meet with over 50 publishers’ representatives, so that you don’t have to.)
- they want to reduce the administrative burden for themselves, and their team. One order, one delivery, one invoice, one payment… that all saves valuable time
- they would like the support of a dedicated sales person who will come out to visit regularly, and will help by suggesting specific titles that might be perfectly suited, and ultimately this results in a measurable improvement in sales
- occasionally our customers have realised that we Allsorted provides display fixturing – included in the price of your books – and that they have a problem that needs fixing, namely that their existing fixturing is not especially designed to merchandise and sell books
- they conclude that choosing a best-selling range, and keeping them in stock, when they come from so many different publishers & suppliers, really is a time-consuming challenge, and that Allsorted is a ‘solution’ that can help with some or all of this.